Monday, June 1, 2009

I broke my Blogo...

So, on Flash's recommendation I've started using Blogo, because it makes it a lot easier to manage multiple blogs (which I've started employing for the benefit of those who aren't into the non-Marc's Life blogs that I post). Anyway, I managed to kill it within 24 hours of getting it, but a reinstall fixed it all up.

I'm just getting ready to go to sleep now so that I can wake up early enough to go to work tomorrow morning without feeling like a zombie. I don't have a tremendous amount of news except that I played a lot of football with Adam, James and Lee today.

It was a strange experience; we were all in the mood to play, but it was certainly far too hot a day to play football. Instead we all half-heartedly dragged ourselves around in an attempt to keep the game going. I really like when it's so hot that you can feel the heat of the sun on the back of your neck as though it were physically applying pressure. We don't see enough days like that, as a rule, but one here and there is certainly a tolerable deviation from the norm.

This is the first update I've actually written in Blogo itself. My normal pattern is to write an update in word, read it over for any glaring errors and then paste it into Blogspot/Wordpress. Blogo seems to support a very freeform approach to writing with which I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable.

I'm sure I'll feel the whole process out as I go, but I can see myself returning to Word and the copy and paste method quite quickly.

Ever since I worked as a copy editor, people often ask me to read their own writing so that I might improve it in some way. Whenever someone asks me to look over their work, the first thing I do is put on a very stern face, gesture at the whole thing and tell them, "Well, your first problem is pretty obvious; your text is out of control. It's all over the place. It's okay though, I can handle that for you." Responses are always good, especially given how vague the statement is.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, that's how I feel about writing in Blogo. My text is out of control, and normally I can handle that for you, but not without a half decent word processor.

I'll continue the research. It's good to know someone is doing this important work.


No comments: