Tuesday, June 9, 2009

General Update

I sometimes wonder just how Jane manages to fill her blog; she updates regularly and the updates are interesting and entertaining, but she works longer hours than I do. I think having a regular job makes keeping a blog a little more difficult from day to day. I can’t help but notice that the father seems to have fallen into a pattern of single weekly updates, which may well be the model I end up leaning towards.

I’ve done very little of consequence today – but for those of you who love me enough to want to read, I did have a lot of fun. I’ll give a few details about today; I’m under the impression that’s the normal format for a blog, as opposed to my nascent ramblings just stretching on for thousands of words.

I’m having issues with work. Don’t get my wrong; I like my job a lot. It’s a job I can do without too much difficulty and without hating my life. No, the issue is that I haven’t been paid in (quick mental arithmetic) approaching ten weeks. It wouldn’t be so bad, but I’m given to the understanding that this means I haven’t been paid in a little short of a financial quarter. That’s worrying. Admittedly, I do invoice at the end of the month, and if there are any issues they usually wait until the end of the month to be ironed out, but it’s become disconcerting. Disconcerting and hungry.

So, devoid of income, I’ve taken to not actually showing up to the office. This isn’t as poor a plan as it sounds; I used normally to work from home, so my job is possible to manage remotely. Today I worked from Adam’s house, which was a lot of fun. He played Starcraft while I wrote updates to the product information and recommendation pages for work. That’s one of the easier parts of my job – content that is fundamentally advertising is very easy to write and update.

Aside from the silly work garbage, I spent some time playing Guilty Gear against Adam and Ray. Ray was unexpectedly heroic, so it wasn’t like I was teaching people to play, there was a lot of challenge and enjoyment to take from it. After this break I went back to work and wrote up a blog entry. It feels good to be driving traffic up, and in that respect we’re succeeding without man site integration, which I think I’d like to push for. We’ll see how it all works out soon enough, I’m sure.

We played a quick game of squares before I returned to Gaelle’s house, which brings us up to present. I’m in a writing mood, but the internet is down so I can’t post things to my blogs for now. I’m not sure quite what I’d like to write, but I’ll think on it.
Terence has informed me that my blogs, while enjoyable, read like those of a woman from a century ago. I would like to quiz him in some more depth on this; I do deliberately keep my blogs quite modern, if not masculine. I seldom, if ever, refer to my fascination with the cinematograph, or even with the wireless, my shining Marconi being so sterling an example. Perhaps I should take chocolate with him of an evening and make some stern inquiry as to just what it is that has caused him to take so very strange an impression from my work.

M

No comments: